During the months of soaring Florida temperatures it is more important than ever to provide extra support for your leg veins to keep them from weakening and to prevent blood from pooling in the legs.
Any vein specialist will confirm that during the heat of the summer already weakened veins are even more at risk of further deterioration during hot weather than during colder weather because heat can make swelling worse!
When you’re too hot your veins expand (dilate) which allows fluid to leak into surrounding tissue. This is the body’s natural way of keeping itself cool. But when veins expand it makes it harder for your body to push fluid against gravity back to the heart and it can pool in the lower legs causing more swelling.
Wearing your compression stockings makes summer travel more comfortable.
Whether you travel by car, train or by air, wear compression socks to support your legs to continue improving blood flow and make you more comfortable. They are especially useful on flights, when cramped conditions and high cabin pressure can more aggravate circulatory problems.
Look for these compression product features to keep cool during the summer:
- Moisture wicking fibers help keep the skin cool and dry
- Antimicrobial treated fiber materials kill bacteria and prevent odor
- Sheerer fibers and specialized knitting techniques let your skin breathe
- High fashion colors and creative design patterns camouflage the traditional compression stocking look
- A variety of styles such as footless, knee high, and thigh high compression stockings, footless compression pantyhose and tights as well as compression leggings can keep you cool and looking hot.
- Open toe compression stockings not only allow your feet to be breezier during the hot days of the summer but they also keep your toes free without being cramped in any way. Women in particular will appreciate being able to wear the latest in sandals and other open toe foot wear while showing off their pedicures and toe nail fashions.
Remember that compression stockings help keep your legs comfortable and healthy. Keep them on whether it is summer or winter, to enjoy yourself without compromising your health!